Conor McGregor Issues Major Warning To Jake Paul Ahead Of Anthony Joshua Clash

Conor McGregor has sent a stark warning to Jake Paul ahead of his heavyweight clash with Anthony Joshua on December 19.

McGregor feels that Paul deserves respect for taking the fight, but that his fight with ‘AJ’ is fraught with danger.

Conor McGregor Issues Jake Paul Warning Ahead Of Anthony Joshua Fight

Conor McGregor looks set to finally return to the UFC octagon next year. The Irishman is rumoured to be fighting Michael Chandler on the UFC White House card in June, located on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington.

Although no bouts have formally been announced by UFC President Dana White, rumours have been rife that McGregor will feature on the card against America’s Chandler, who he was scheduled to fight previously.

A fight between McGregor and Chandler has been talked about for several years now, and it finally looks like it will happen. The two-division UFC champion is back in the gym training on a daily basis now, very much diligently preparing for his octagon return next summer.

McGregor accused Khabib Nurmagomedov of using his late father’s name to scam fans recently, but it seems a rematch between the pair will never happen, with the Irishman instead focusing on a clash with Chandler.

https://twitter.com/BloodyElbow/status/1997706791019331607

Prior to his own return, McGregor has given his thoughts on the upcoming Jake Paul vs Anthony Joshua clash on Friday, December 19 in Miami, Florida.

Having fought Floyd Mayweather in a boxing ring before, McGregor knows a thing or two about what it takes to compete against leaders in their craft.

Although McGregor has nothing but respect for ‘The Problem Child’ for taking this fight against the former two-time unified world heavyweight champion, he has issued Paul a stern warning ahead of the fight.

‘Notorious’ was busy pouring pints in his Dublin pub when asked for his thoughts on Paul’s fight with ‘AJ’ on December 19:

“If he [Paul] makes the walk, I’ve got to give him my respect for that. It’s very dangerous you know,” said the Irishman.

https://twitter.com/IfnBoxing/status/1997692368452223045

Conor McGregor: Jake Paul vs Anthony Joshua “Shouldn’t Go Ahead”

Although Conor McGregor respects Jake Paul for getting in the ring with Anthony Joshua, the Irishman feels that the fight shouldn’t necessarily be going ahead given the gulf in experience, size and ability in both fighters.

After teaming up with Mike Tyson in Dublin this past weekend, McGregor was questioned by media members on various topics, including the Joshua vs Paul clash later this month.

Like McGregor was against Floyd Mayweather when the pair shared the boxing ring, Paul will be a substantial underdog when he faces ‘AJ’ in their professional heavyweight bout later this month.

Unlike that fight however, McGregor feels that Joshua vs Paul shouldn’t be going ahead over concerns for the American’s safety.

“Joshua’s a big boy and a powerhouse,” said McGregor.

“I’ve sat ringside and watched Joshua, that’s a heavy punching man. He’s a happy and good person. He has an anger in him, he has a darkness in him does Anthony Joshua.

“The fight shouldn’t go ahead, in my opinion. The fight shouldn’t go ahead. If he [Paul] does it, I will give him my respect for that,” the Irishman concluded.

World heavyweight champion Oleksandr Usyk also issued a major warning to Paul, stating that he feels the American is in for a rude awakening on December 19. Not only that, but Usyk is actually concerned for Paul’s life as the pair prepare for battle.

Paul has worked in the sports journalism industry for several years now, specialising in boxing, MMA, golf and darts. This includes writing breaking news stories, in-depth features, predictions and more. Based in Belfast, Paul regularly attends live sporting events both at home and worldwide. Paul is a Director at YouTube channel ESBR Boxing, as well as featuring regularly at BBC Sport NI. Paul's knowledge of a Irish sports and sportspeople is extensive, having attended events locally as a fan from a young age as well as in a professional capacity after graduating with a First Class Honours degree in Sports Journalism.

Related posts