The draw for the 2019/2020 Heineken Champions Cup has been made in Lausanne, Switzerland.
20 clubs from across Europe will compete in next season’s edition of the competition. This is the first time since the 2016/17 season in which all four Irish provinces have qualified for the competition on their own merits – prior to the 2016/17 season, Connacht only qualified due to Leinster winning the trophy the previous season.
Preceding to the main pool draw, a preliminary draw took place to place the teams into various tiers which represent their seeding for the main pool draw.
Following that, the main pool draw took place which you can find below:
Due to the World Cup taking place this year, the competition begins in the middle of November:
- Round 1: 15/16/17 November 2019
- Round 2: 22/23/24 November 2019
- Round 3: 6/7/8 December 2019
- Round 4: 13/14/15 December 2019
- Round 5: 10/11/12 January 2020
- Round 6: 17/18/19 January 2020
- Quarter-finals: 3/4/5 April 2020
- Semi-finals: 1/2/3 May 2020
- Final: Saturday 23 May 2020, Stade de Marseille.
The Challenge Cup draw was also made on Wednesday afternoon: