Close sidebar

Leinster Allay Fears That Bath Clash Could Be Postponed


Leinster have released a statement for supporters to allay fears that this evening’s Heineken Champions Cup clash against Bath at the Aviva Stadium could be postponed. 

Strom Deirdre is currently battering the country and conditions are expected to deteriorate as the day goes on with a Status Orange weather warning to come into effect from 3 pm to midnight.

Gusts of up to 130km/h in addition to 5cm of rain are forecast but Leinster have released a statement recently to communicate with supporters that they expect the game to go ahead later this evening (KO 5.30 pm).


“A lot of queries on #StormDeirdre – as with any match day we continue to monitor with stadium officials, Gardaí and tournament organisers weather and other factors that may affect the game,” the club tweeted.

“If anything changes, we will announce ASAP. Thank you. #LEIvBAT”

Although the game is expected to go ahead, the conditions should make for an interesting game.

The Pool 1 clash kicks off at 5.30 pm and Bath will be looking to run the eastern province close again after they fell to a 10-17 defeat last weekend at The Rec.

Read More About: , ,

Author: Sean McMahon

Sean is Deputy Editor and head rugby writer. You can contact him by email or on Twitter