Argyle Street Arches in Glasgow, Scotland hosted this year’s iteration of the PRO14 awards.
Leinster became the first team from the Championship to complete a Guinness PRO14 and Champions Cup double, and as such, claimed three awards and five places in the ‘Dream Team’ of the year.
Leo Cullen was awarded ‘Coach of the Season’, while wing/fullback Jordan Larmour got the nod for ‘Young Player of the Season’.
Barry Daly’s reward for his stellar season was the ‘Top Try Scorer’ award, though unlike Larmour, he did not make it into the hotly contested ‘Dream Team’.
Along with the five Leinster standouts, Scarlets also have five representatives, with Tadhg Beirne, now of Munster, among those present.
Callum Gibbins and Nick Grigg were chosen from the Glasgow Warriors contingent, with the former nominated as the Dream Team’s captain. Elsewhere, there are spots for Torsten van Jaarsveld, John Cooney of Ulster, and Blair Kinghorn.
The Guinness PRO14 Dream Team:
1 Rob Evans – Scarlets
2 Torsten van Jaarsveld – Toyota Cheetahs
3 Andrew Porter – Leinster Rugby
4 Scott Fardy – Leinster Rugby
5 Tadhg Beirne – Scarlets
6 Aaron Shingler – Scarlets
7 Callum Gibbins – Glasgow Warriors CAPTAIN
8 Jack Conan – Leinster Rugby
9 John Cooney – Ulster Rugby
10 Rhys Patchell – Scarlets
11 James Lowe – Leinster Rugby
12 Hadleigh Parkes – Scarlets
13 Nick Grigg – Glasgow Warriors
14 Jordan Larmour – Leinster Rugby
15 Blair Kinghorn – Edinburgh Rugby
The full list of awards given can be seen below, with two new awards in the Ironman award and the Tackle Machine award given to Giulio Bisegni and Olly Robinson respectively.
List of Award Winners:
– Guinness Players’ Player of the Season: Tadhg Beirne (Scarlets)
– Guinness PRO14 Coach of the Season: Leo Cullen (Leinster Rugby)
– Honda Young Player of the Season: Jordan Larmour (Leinster Rugby)
– Guinness PRO14 Chairman’s Award: Ed Jackson (Dragons)
– Gilbert Golden Boot Award: Fred Zeilinga (Toyota Cheetahs)
– Guinness PRO14 Dream Team Captain: Callum Gibbins (Glasgow Warriors)
– Guinness PRO14 Top Try Scorer: Barry Daly (Leinster Rugby)
– Guinness PRO14 Tackle Machine: Olly Robinson (Cardiff Blues)
– Guinness PRO14 Ironman: Giulio Bisegni (Zebre Rugby Club)
– Specsavers FairPlay Award: Scarlets