Close sidebar

Watch: Dana White Gets Real On The Chances Of Us Seeing McGregor Vs. Mayweather

With each passing day, fight fans are growing more and more impatient waiting for an official fight announcement. When are we going to see Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather?

Are we ever going to see this highly touted mega fight take place?

Dana White has been giving daily updates on where negotiations for the potential boxing match are at currently and it seems every time we hear from the UFC President, he is growing more and more pessimistic about the chances of the fight taking place at all. Just last week, we heard the 47-year-old say the deal was “not even close” to being signed, sealed and delivered, despite his best efforts to appease all the ego involved in the discussions.

Moving forward to this week, White has come out with more comments that will be a real cause for concern for fans awaiting confirmation of the bout. Speaking to Colin Cowherd last night, Dana addressed his revelations that the potential Floyd vs. Conor fight has now been put on the back burner to make way for the mouthwatering GGG vs. Canelo Alvarez scrap set for September 16th.

“The reason they got my date is because I couldn’t get my deal done in time.

“Listen, life moves on… I didn’t get the deal done fast enough so I lose the date. That’s how it works,” said Dana.

Equally as worrying for excited fans anticipating contract signatures anytime soon will be White’s view that, if this saga drags on any longer, there will certainly come a point where he will give up attempting to strike a deal to get the fight done.

“It’s definitely not just Mayweather, both sides to this thing are going to be hard to get done.

“Absolutely, there’s going to be a point where I’m done.

“This isn’t what I do, this isn’t my business and I’m definitely going to walk away,” he said of the difficult negotiations.

It has been made abundantly clear over the past few months, no Dana means no fight.

 

NEW YORK, NY - NOVEMBER 09: UFC Featherweight Champion Conor McGregor takes part in UFC 205 Open Workouts at Madison Square Garden on November 9, 2016 in New York City. (Photo by Michael Reaves/Getty Images)

With the birth of McGregor’s baby boy taking place over the weekend, it is now time to ramp up negotiations for the monumental event. If a bout agrement can not be reached by all parties involved relatively soon, It is perhaps fast approaching time where fans just want to see ‘The Notorious’ back fighting once again in a UFC octagon instead.

See for yourself what Dana had to say on ‘The Herd’ about the prospect of ‘May-Mac’ becoming a reality, with a brief promotion of the upcoming UFC 211 event this weekend throw into the mix…

 

 

Read More About: , , , , , , , , ,

Author: The PA Team

This article was written by a member of The PA Team.