Home MMA Tweet: “Good Girl, Shut Your Mouth” – Conor McGregor Sends Message To Former Rival

Tweet: “Good Girl, Shut Your Mouth” – Conor McGregor Sends Message To Former Rival

Conor McGregor doesn’t seem to be entertaining the idea of a rematch with Diego Brandao one little bit.

PunditArena reported on Friday that Diego Brandao, who Conor McGregor brutally dispatched inside a round last year in Dublin, was picking his countryman Jose Aldo to defeat “The Notorious” at UFC 194.

“DB” also stated that his own goal was to secure an eventual return bout with the Irishman. I want to rematch this guy and I’m going to have my chance”, said Diego.

Last night, at UFC Fight Night 75, Brandao secured his second win since the defeat to McGregor. The Brazilian demolished Katsunori Kikuno in a mere 28 seconds, in front of a disappointed Japanese crowd at the Saitama Super Arena.

In the immediate aftermath of the slaughter, Brandao once again directed his words toward McGregor.

“I’ll take another fight and let (Jose) Aldo knock out (Conor) McGregor, and then I’ll get my hands on him a second time – and I promise it won’t be a repeat of the first time.”

Transcription courtesy of MMAJunkie

This time, Brandao’s trash-talk drew a response from Conor.

Brandao, it must be said, is coming across as a tad desperate in this recent campaign for a rematch. Since their 2014 meeting, which lasted barely over 4 minutes, McGregor has gone on to become one of the biggest stars in the UFC, and he is about to partake in one of the most important fights in the history of the company.

The Brazilian, on the other hand, is only two wins into what could be a lengthy rehabilitative process.

I think it’s safe to say that Brandao would have to secure quite a few more 28 second finishes before he would be once again considered for a fight with his Crumlin conqueror.

About The PA Team

This article was written by a member of The PA Team. If you would like to join the team, drop us an email at write@punditarena.com.