It’s no secret that Luke Rockhold and Michael Bisping strongly dislike each other.
The two have faced off twice in the past, with Rockhold submitting Bisping in the first fight, and more recently Bisping knocked out Rockhold in their middleweight title fight at UFC 199.
Since then, Bisping went on to defend his strap against Dan Henderson and then lost his title to Georges St-Pierre, followed by a quick turnaround loss to Kelvin Gastelum in China in November.
After his loss to Bisping, Rockhold took a lengthy break and returned to defeat David Branch, followed by another vicious KO loss to Yoel Romero at UFC 221.
On the ‘MMAHour’ hosted by Ariel Helwani, Rockhold claimed that the UFC are pushing for a third fight between the two former champions, and for the fight to happen in the light heavyweight division rather than middleweight.
Bisping has openly admitted that his next fight will be his last. Many believed his retirement fight would take place at UFC London on St Patrick’s Day, but it wasn’t meant to be.
Talking to Helwani, Rockhold said:
“We also had Mr Michael Bisping open his mouth and say he was willing to fight me at 205(lbs), 85(lbs) or anywhere, and you know that if that’s a fight that’s put on the table, I’ll have cut that to the front of the line, before I do anything else.
“So if he can back up what he just has said, I’d be very willing to take that fight anywhere, anytime, anywhere”.
“July is a good retirement stage for Mr Bisping, and a good return for me. So why don’t we do this thing in style, and sign on the dotted line?”
You can see a clip of the interview between Rockhold and Helwani on the link below;
— MMAFighting.com (@MMAFighting) March 5, 2018