He was made to sweat, but finally Neil “2 Tap” Seery has been added to UFC’s Dublin card, scheduled for October 24th at the 3 Arena.
The Team Ryano MMA flyweight will do battle with Jon Delos Reyes.
Delos Reyes, who is from the US island territory of Guam, is 1-2 in the UFC thus far, but “The Heat” is coming off a win over Roldan Sangcha-an in his last bout.
Seery, who holds a 2-2 slate in the Vegas based promotion, suffered a unanimous decision defeat to Louis Smolka last time out. That fight took place on the undercard of Conor McGregor’s victory over Chad Mendes at UFC 189.
The last time the UFC was in Dublin, however, Seery scored a unanimous decision victory over Phil Harris.
Seery is sure to garner a tremendous reaction from his home town crowd. His is a popular figure among hardcore MMA fans in Ireland due to his all action style.
Seery is the sixth Irish fighter to be added to the event, and this is the eleventh fight announced overall.
Here is the full line up
- Joseph Duffy vs. Dustin Poirier
- Stipe Miocic vs. Ben Rothwell
- Nicolas Dalby vs. Darren Till
- Patrick Holohan vs. Louis Smolka
- Norman Parke vs. Reza Madadi
- Stevie Ray vs. Mickael Lebout
- Scott Askham vs. Krzysztof Jotko
- Cathal Pendred vs. Tom Breese
- Bubba Bush vs. Garreth McLellan
- Aisling Daly vs. Ericka Almeida
- Neil Seery vs. Jon Delos Reyes
Prior to his fight at UFC Dublin in 2014, Severa MMA made a fantastic profile of Seery as he prepared for battle. It gives great insight into the commitment of this flyweight warrior, and just how much it means to him to compete, especially in his home town.
In the context of today’s announcement it is worth another look.