Home MMA Dana White Slams ‘Full Of Sh*t’ Nate Diaz Vs Tyron Woodley Fight Claims

Dana White Slams ‘Full Of Sh*t’ Nate Diaz Vs Tyron Woodley Fight Claims

On Wednesday evening, Brett Okamoto reported on Nate Diaz’s supposed UFC comeback with the ESPN journalist stating that the Stockton man was targetting a summer bout with welterweight champion Tyron Woodley. 

It’s been well over a year since Nate Diaz last stepped into the Octagon but, it now looks like the Stockton man is genuinely interested in making his UFC return in 2018.

Having recently announced that he was targetting a return in May or June, Diaz told ESPN this week that he was hoping to throw down against Tyron Woodley with the 32-year-old taking issue with how frequently the welterweight champion is dropping his name.

“Woodley is my best option… I see him on TMZ every week, talking about me. I’m like, ‘What the f—? If that’s what you want to do.’ It’s not really my weight class, but I’m with it. I think it’s my title we’re fighting for. If he’s the one calling me out, whose title are we fighting for? Who’s the real champion here?”

Nate went onto refer to a supposed Woodley offer that he received from the UFC last year and how he was thrown off by the fact that Dana White later denied that the Stockton man had ever even been considered as an option for the welterweight champion.

“They called me out of nowhere when I wasn’t trying to fight nobody,” Diaz said. “They asked if I would fight Woodley and I said, “Well, I’d like a three-month camp…’

“Then I saw in the media, the UFC said they never approached me about it. I was like, ‘F— it then. I wasn’t the one asking for the fight.'”

Woodley also supported these claims at the time and, speaking this week, he stated that a title fight with Diaz was “way more likely than people realize.”

However, speaking on UFC Tonight, White stated that Woodley ‘couldn’t be more full of sh*t’ while he also stated that he still doubts if Nate Diaz has any intention of fighting this year.

“He’s full of sh–t,” said White. “That fight was never made. He couldn’t be more full of s–t. It’s absolutely not true. It’s so not true that our lawyer actually called his manager up and said he needs to stop saying these kinds of things cause it’s absolutely not true…”

“We’ve offered Nate Diaz five or six fights over the last several months and he’s turned them all down,” White said. “I’ve said many times that I don’t see Nate Diaz fighting. Will he fight this year? Maybe he’ll come out and say he wants to fight eventually but no, he’s turned down every fight we’ve offered him.”

The UFC President closed by stating that he wouldn’t bet a nickel on Woodley vs Diaz happening and that the 170 lbs champion’s next fight will undoubtedly be against ‘deserved challenger’ Rafael Dos Anjos.

  • I agree to Heineken Rugby Club House Rules and Privacy Policy. Over 18's only.

About The PA Team

This article was written by a member of The PA Team. If you would like to join the team, drop us an email at write@punditarena.com.