Close sidebar

Twitter: Nate Diaz Hints At UFC 200 Exit

At last Friday’s UFC 200 press conference in Las Vegas, Nate Diaz told the gathered media that he had no interest in fighting anyone other than his originally scheduled opponent – Conor McGregor.

“I didn’t ask for that fight but he asked for it and he wanted it. And if that ain’t going to happen, I’m going on vacation,” said Diaz.

On Monday it appeared for a brief time as though Diaz was going to get the fight he was expecting, as McGregor tweeted that he had been reassigned to the massive July card.

However, as the day progressed and no official confirmation was forthcoming from the promotion, it became apparent that “The Notorious” one’s claim was just another confusing chapter in this bizarre power struggle.

Later, that evening, UFC president Dana White seemed as confused as everyone else when he was asked about the tweet by TMZ.

“I don’t know why he would tweet that,” said White, before revealing that nothing had changed regarding Conor’s UFC 200 status.

This latest exchange has drawn a response from Diaz, who took to his own Twitter account on Monday night to deliver this message.

Perhaps this is little more than Diaz joining in the social media fun and games, but given his earlier assertions at the presser, there is a good possibility that the Stockton slugger has in fact decided to withdraw entirely from the event.

Read More About: , , , , , , , , , ,

Author: The PA Team

This article was written by a member of The PA Team. If you would like to join the team, drop us an email at write@punditarena.com.