Artem Lobov and Paulie Malignaggi will get the chance to settle their beef in June after their proposed bout was confirmed for New Hampshire by Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship President David Feldman.
Feldman confirmed the news to MMA Fighting with the 22nd set to be the date although an exact event and venue is yet to be announced.
Lobov is coming off of a victory in his BKFC debut against Jason Knight earlier this month, with the pair going to war before the former UFC featherweight was declared the victor. That matchup had the caveat that if Lobov won, his prize would be Malignaggi.
The pair have been embroiled in a heated feud online and in the media over the last number of months which appeared to have stemmed from Malignaggi’s falling out with Lobov’s teammate Conor McGregor.
Just a few days before Lobov was scheduled to fight Knight, he got in a scuffle with Malignaggi resulting in the former world champion boxer slapping him during a media day in New York.
👀 Paulie Malignaggi just slapped Artem Lobov at a media event for their BKB careers…
— Darren Russell (@DarrenRussell_) April 2, 2019
“I need Paulie,” Lobov told MMA Fighting. “I need him wrapped up in bubble wrap. I need him there on June 22, that’s when the provisional date has been set. That’s when I need him. That’s when we get to go at it. Then, we’ll see what happens.”
Malignaggi has also been typically vocal in how he feels the fight will go down, outlining that he is incredibly confident of victory when the pair square off.
“I’m gonna use his face like a dartboard,” Malignaggi said. “It’s not about winning and losing here, because it’s not even a question that I’m gonna win the fight. It’s about how bad I can hurt this guy. For me, if I don’t hurt him to a degree that there’s something permanent there, it’s not a win for me.”