Stephen Rochford has named his Mayo starting eleven for Saturday’s All-Ireland SFC semi-final replay against Kerry at Croke Park.
The big news from the announcement is, to put it bluntly, that there is no news – Mayo name the exact same starting fifteen as the drawn match in Dublin last weekend.
That means that Aidan O’Shea is selected a half-forward, though it remains to be seen if Rochford ends up repeating last week’s surprise tactic of putting the Breaffy man at full back in order to nullify the threat posed by Kerry’s Kieran Donaghy.
Mayo Starting Lineup:
- David Clarke (Ballina Stephenites)
- Brendan Harrison (Aghamore)
- Donal Vaughan (Ballinrobe)
- Keith Higgins (Ballyhaunis)
- Lee Keegan (Westport)
- Chris Barrett (Belmullet)
- Colm Boyle (Davitts)
- Seamus O’Shea (Breaffy)
- Tom Parsons (Charlestown)
- Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore)
- Aidan O’Shea (Breaffy)
- Diarmuid O’Connor (Ballintubber)
- Jason Doherty (Burrishoole)
- Cillian O’Connor (Ballintubber, captain)
- Andy Moran (Ballaghaderreen)
Kerry named their lineup earlier on Friday evening, making just one change from the frantic 2-14 apiece stalemate in the first encounter between these two sides last weekend.
Make sure to check out the latest episode of The 16th Man, where we hear from Stephen Rochford and Éamonn Fitzmaurice after Kerry’s draw with Mayo and look ahead to the weekend’s action.