Home Football Wenger Has Spoken About Lord Harris’s Claims
Image by Ronnie MacDonald via Flickr Creative Commons

Wenger Has Spoken About Lord Harris’s Claims

Arsenal fans are going to have several heart attacks if this sort of carry on continues.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has admitted that Lord Harris went “a little bit overboard” in his statement saying that the club could afford anyone bar Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Arsenal director said the club had over £200m in the accounts and that Wenger was allowed to break the club’s transfer record if he had to, but the Frenchman was quick to quash those comments in his press conference.

“We are in a situation – I explained many times – where we are working hard if an opportunity comes up to do something, but we are not in the need.

“Last week I had to answer ‘what will you do if all the players are available?’ This week ‘why don’t you buy?’

When he was told that Karim Benzema’s agent said that his client was “1000 %” staying at Real Madrid, Wenger simply retorted:

“One thousand per cent is a lot! That looks quite convincing.”

It looks like Arsenal fans will have to settle with what they have ahead of their August 8 opener against West Ham.

About The PA Team

This article was written by a member of The PA Team. If you would like to join the team, drop us an email at write@punditarena.com.