Cassano Leaves Parma, Claims Wages Unpaid In 7 Months

Antonio Cassano has left Parma by mutual consent and hinted that he could even stop playing the game altogether.

“I don’t know what the future holds, I might even give it up,” he said.

The 32-year-old rescinded his contract and expressed his relief that his tenure at Parma had come to an end.

Parma remain rooted to the bottom of Serie A, after losing 2 – 1 at home to Cesena.

After the final whistle on Sunday, Cassano walked over to supporters in the Curva Nord of the Stadio Ennio Tardini and was confronted by an Ultra known as “Frambo”.

Cassano, who signed with Parma in July 2013, claimed that he along with other players are owed seven months wages by the club, which was taken over last year by Rezart Taci, an Albanian businessman.

Parma finished sixth last season and qualified for the Europa League but UEFA prevented them from taking part due to an unpaid tax bill.

Cassano said the situation was no longer sustainable when interviewed on Tika Taka, an Italian sports talk show.

He also said that money wasn’t the main reason he rescinded his contract and that it was more a question of dignity.

Cassano said that his agent recently suggested going to play in America or Dubai, but he is, as of yet, undecided.

“We’ll see what happens. If nothing happens, I’ll wait until June, and if I haven’t managed to get another team by then, I might retire,” he said.

He also said he would like to play for Sampdoria again.

“It’s true. I’d love to go back, but not now, it would be ridiculous,” he said.

Cassano played 54 matches for Parma, scroing 17 times for the Northern Italian club.

An official statement earlier this week on fcparma.com read: “Parma have today reached a mutual agreement with Antonio Cassano to cancel his playing contract.”

Roberto Donadoni, Parma’s manager said he respected Cassano’s decision to leave.

Sign Up For The LOI Arena Newsletter

Read More About: , , , , ,

Author: The PA Team

This article was written by a member of The PA Team.