Close sidebar

Antonio Conte addresses Spurs’ food poisoning reports

antonio conte spurs squad

Clearing the air…

Antonio Conte has responded to reports that there has been a food poisoning issue at Tottenham Hotspur, just days before their crucial game against Norwich.

Conte confirmed that there is an ongoing issue, but not one that he is too concerned about, as he feels his squad over the worst of it.

With reports suggesting Harry Kane is among those feeling the worst, Conte said that he is extremely confident that his talisman will play against Norwich on Sunday.

Antonio Conte on the Spurs’ squad

He said: “If you remember the last game against Burnley, we had three or four cases of stomach problems. In this week, we had a couple more cases.

“But we overcame the situation. Members of the staff were not feeling so good on one day. I don’t know why, but it happened over the last week.

“This virus is the last of our problems though, because we are very close to reach a big achievement for the club, the fans and the players. We are totally focused on the game.”

Conte was then reminded of the infamous incident in 2006, when a severe food poisoning afflicted the Tottenham squad the night before a game that ultimately cost them Champions League football at Arsenal’s expense.

“I don’t want to know about this story. It’s not good. I don’t like this story and I’m not interested to go deep into this story.

“We have the right focus. We are understanding of the moment and the importance of the moment. The whole season comes down to this game.”

Spurs’ food poisoning issue

Conte’s comments come after former Spurs and England striker Gary Lineker took to Twitter to report the news of the potential outbreak at the club.

All Spurs need to do to ensure they get Champions League football next season is avoid defeat to the already relegated Norwich side who have only won five league games all season.

Sign Up For The LOI Arena Newsletter

Read More About: ,