Close sidebar

Ballybrack FC Player Reported Dead Discovered Alive In Spain

Share and Enjoy !

The Leinster Senior Football League has confirmed that a Ballybrack FC player who was reported by the club to have died in a car accident, is in fact, alive. 

In a since-deleted Facebook post last week, Ballybrack FC wrote that the player had “passed away Friday morning after a tragic accident on Thursday night.” They then continued to write their condolences to his family, friends and teammates.

Players in the league wore black armbands at the weekend and observed a minute’s silence in support of the man’s family. Ballybrack’s game against Arklow was also called off as a mark of respect.

The club reportedly told the League that the body was shipped back to Spain for burial.

It was then discovered that the player is “alive and well” and had returned to Spain.

The Leinster Senior Football League released a statement on the matter this evening.

“The Leinster Senior League would like to acknowledge that the notification of the death of a Ballybrack FC player as shared with all member clubs and media partner is, without foundation,” the statement said.

“The Leinster Senior League acted in good faith at all times and when notified by a representative of Ballybrack FC as to the death of a member player we immediately offered our heartfelt condolences and also shared the sad news with all other LSL clubs in order for them to offer their own individual condolences.

“We are glad to hear that the player is in good health and has returned to his native Spain.”

“The Leinster Senior League will co-operate with all relevant agencies in the investigation of this matter and the league will also deal with this issue through their own internal disciplinary procedures.”

“The Leinster Senior League would like to offer their sincerest apologies for any distress caused as a result of notifying the clubs as to the demise of a valued player.”

“The league acted in absolute good faith with the information supplied by the club and only had the welfare and interest of those affected by the reported ‘tragedy’ as our uppermost concern at all times.”

Pundit Arena have attempted to contact Ballybrack FC for comment but there was no response at the time of publication.

 

 

Share and Enjoy !

Read More About:

Author: Marisa Kennedy

Marisa is a Digital Journalist with Pundit Arena. You can contact her at marisa@punditarena.com or on Twitter