Home Football English Football Claudio Ranieri Admits Feeling Of ‘Surprise & Bitterness’ Regarding Leicester Sacking

Claudio Ranieri Admits Feeling Of ‘Surprise & Bitterness’ Regarding Leicester Sacking

Having been sacked by Leicester City less that nine months after winning the Premier League title, Claudio Ranieri has finally spoken about his feelings with regard to his departure from the club.

The 65-year-old released a statement shortly after the decision to sack him was confirmed by Leicester City. However, ever since then, Ranieri has kept quiet, refusing to entertain any media interviews.

DERBY, ENGLAND - JANUARY 27: (EDITOR NOTES: This image has been converted to black and white) Claudio Ranieri of Leicester City looks on during the Emirates FA Cup Fourth Round match between Derby County and Leicester City at iPro Stadium on January 27, 2017 in Derby, England. (Photo by Laurence Griffiths/Getty Images)

The Italian is now scheduled to feature on Monday Night Football with Sky Sports on April 10th in what is set to be an explosive segment as the former Leicester City boss has suggested that he will let loose on air.

In quotes reported by Gazzetta dello Sport, Ranieri stated that he is feeling both bitter and shocked by the club’s decision but that it is the feeling of surprise that still overwhelms him.

“Thinking of Leicester, the first thing that comes to mind is the sense of surprise, even more than bitterness,” said Ranieri.

“I have been through a lot in my long career, but never anything like this. It was a shock, but in the end these things are part of football.”

Speaking about his scheduled appearance on Sky Sports during the Premier League clash between Crystal Palace and Arsenal next month, the Premier League winning manager also suggested that he will really open up on air, but until that day, he won’t say anymore.

“Until that day I will not talk,” he said. “Because everything took place in England and it seems fitting to talk in England.”

About John Murphy