Can the Three Lions keep their 100% record in Group E?
England head to Ljubljana this evening to face Slovenia, and the visitors are currently six points clear of both Slovenia and Switzerland in their Euro 2016 qualifying group.
Milivoje Novakovič – 4 goals
Dejan Lazarević, Kevin Kampl and others – 1 goal
Danny Welbeck – 6 goals
Wayne Rooney – 4 goals
- The English have scored 15 goals thus far in this campaign, and have conceded just one.
- England have won three of the previous meetings between the sides: 3-1, 1-0 (in the 2010 World Cup) and 2-1.
- England haven’t lost since their match with Uruguay in last year’s World Cup – an unbeaten run of 10 games.
- Slovenia have lost eight of their last 12 games in all competitions.
- The Slovenians have lost just one of their last six matches on home soil.
England forward Danny Welbeck is missing with a knee injury, while Slovenia have no major injury concerns.
The English have won five of their last six away European qualifiers and seven of their last nine in all competitions.
Selection: England to win @ 10/11
Rooney scored the first goal against Lithuania in his team’s 4-0 win, and scored England’s first in the reverse fixture at Wembley.
Selection: Wayne Rooney to score first @ 9/2
If Sterling, Rooney and co. blow cold, Slovenia could capitalise. They’ve managed to score in all but two of their last nine home games, and a 6-0 routing of San Marino last time out will give them confidence.
Selection: Slovenia to win 2-1 @ 18/1 (Ladbrokes)