Home GAA Club Roundup: Quick Fire Reports From A Bumper Weekend Of GAA

Club Roundup: Quick Fire Reports From A Bumper Weekend Of GAA

AIB GAA Leinster Senior Club Football Championship Quarter-Final, Pairc Taliteann, Co. Meath 11/11/2018 St. Peters Dunboyne vs Kilmacud Crokes St. Peters' Shane McEntee and Craig Dias of Kilmacud Crokes Mandatory Credit ©INPHO/Ryan Byrne

We bring you a quick roundup of all the action from the GAA club world this weekend as Dr Crokes, Kilmacud and Ballintubber secured big wins while Cushendall are Ulster champions once again.

Leinster club SFC quarter-final:  Two goals in three minutes set Eire Óg on their way as they secured their first provincial win in 10 years when they beat Newtown Blues this afternoon. Newtown could only manage six points from play and had two men sent off as they exited the championship.

FT score: Eire Óg 2-9 Newtown Blues 0-8


Leinster SFC quarter-final: Paul Mannion registered 2-6 as Kilmacud Crokes strolled past Dunboyne in the quarter-final this afternoon. Mannion was withdrawn after 51 minutes with the job already done. Dunboyne rallied to reduce the gap in the first half but it was too big of a mountain to climb.

FT score: Kilmacud Crokes 2-17 Dunboyne 0-7


Leinster SFC quarter-final: A second-half goal from Rian Brady proved crucial as Mullinalaghta overcame 14-man Rhode this afternoon. Nothing could separate them, even after Brian Darby was dismissed, but the Longford side managed to hold on to a slender lead in the seven minutes of additional time.

FT score: Mullinalaghta St Columba’s 1-6 Rhode 0-7


Leinster SFC quarter-final: Portlaoise dethroned reigning Leinster champions, Moorefield this afternoon to reach the final four. A goal from Craig Rogers helped them to a seven-point lead at half-time and although Moorfield came right back into it, a superb save from Graham Brody denied them.

FT score: Portlaoise 1-14 Moorefield 1-11


Munster club SFC semi-final:  St Joseph’s Miltown-Malbay are through to their first ever provincial final following an 8-point win over the Nire of Waterford. The Clare side dominated throughout but it wasn’t until Cormac Murray and Sean Malone hit the net in the second half that the win was secured.

FT score:  St Joseph’s Miltown-Malbay 2-11 The Nire 0-9


Munster SFC semi-final: Dr Crokes are through to their third Munster final in a row following an incredible win over Finbarrs this afternoon. The Kerry champions scored 5-20 from play in an utterly sublime performance while Finbarrs could only manage one goal from Eoin McGreevey early on.

FT score: Dr Crokes 5-20 Finbarrs 1-11

Munster club semi-final


Connacht club SFC semi-final: Substitute, Jamsie Finnety, scored two goals as Ballintubber eased past Aughawillan to reach the Connacht final. The Mayo champs were three points ahead at half-time but rallied in the second period with Finnety’s goals followed by an Alan Plunkett effort.

FT score: Aughawillan 1-8 Ballintubber 3-11


Connacht SFC semi-final: Corofin have reached their fifth provincial decider in a row with a comprehensive victory over Clann na nGael of Roscommon. Goals from Colin Brady and Micheál Lundy helped ease them into a 13-point lead at half-time and the Galway champions never looked back.

FT score: Corofin 4-22 Clann na nGael 0-7



Ulster SHC final: Cushendall are the Ulster hurling champions once again after they secured an eight-point win over Ballycran this evening. A goal from Sean McAfee helped them to a 1-11 to 0-6 lead at half-time and while it took them 12 minutes to score in the second, they eventually found their rhythm again to power past 14-man Ballycran. The only concern for Cushendall is the injury sustained by Arron Graffin who received lengthy treatment before being withdrawn.

FT score: Ruairi Óg Cushendall 1-15 Ballycran 0-10


About Marisa Kennedy

Marisa Kennedy
Marisa is a Digital Journalist with Pundit Arena. She is a former reporter with Sporting Limerick and is a huge fan of the GAA. You can contact her at [email protected] or on Twitter